Over the years, we have seen many people choose chiropractic care for whiplash after an auto accident or head trauma. Our chiropractor, Dr. Hurkman, will evaluate your condition and recommend non-invasive whiplash treatment at Capitol Health & Injury Center.
What Is Whiplash?
Whiplash is a severe neck strain that occurs from overstretching the muscles and tendons in the neck. The injury typically occurs during an auto accident or playing sports. The sudden impact causes a rapid motion in one direction and then another damaging the soft tissue in the neck.
Pain is usually the first sign of neck strain, but sometimes it takes 24 hours, days, or weeks before the pain sets in. The underlying injuries may worsen in the meantime if you do not seek whiplash treatment immediately after the trauma. Other symptoms include:
- Sharp or dull neck pain that comes and goes or persists
- Muscle spasms
- Swelling, soreness, or tenderness
- Restricted neck movement
- Headaches or dizziness
- Numbing, tingling, or weakness caused by a herniated disc or injured nerve
Chiropractic Care In Saint Paul, MN
Whiplash is a serious injury that may cause long-term spinal damage. Receiving treatment right away helps avert the risks and reduce the need for surgical solutions. Dr. Hurkman will alleviate your pain and rehabilitate your spine. But first, we will need to perform a physical exam, test for range of motion, and perhaps run a few imaging tests (such as X-rays) to assess the extent of your injuries. Here are some alternative whiplash treatments we usually recommend:
- Chiropractic Care: Spinal adjustments are a technique used to align the vertebral joints in the neck that shifted out of position. Our chiropractor will apply gentle force using his hands or using a chiropractic instrument to gently move the joints, bones, discs, and soft tissue back into place or away from the nerve. Adjustments provide instant pain relief, promote the flow of healing nutrients within the spine, and improve neck mobility.
- Exercise Therapy: Routine therapeutic exercises work to loosen the restricted joints, restore range of motion, and strengthen the spine.
- Nutrition and Lifestyle Counseling: We believe a holistic approach to wellness is key to maintaining the results of the adjustments and ensure long-term relief. As such, we can advise you on nutrition choices, proper posture, and other lifestyle changes that support your overall health.
Get Whiplash Treatment at Capitol Health & Injury Center
Chiropractic care in Saint Paul is an effective drug-free solution for whiplash injuries. Don't wait for the symptoms to show up. Call us today at (651) 771-2012 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Hurkman.